Awards and Honors:
Honorary Degrees are awarded to individuals who have exhibited excellence in areas such as:
- Outstanding achievement in an academic field, the arts, business, etc.
- Innovative and creative achievements;
- Humanitarian deeds and the degree to which the candidate's activities have touched various lives;
- Extent to which candidate's achievement represents sustained efforts over the course of his/her career;
- Extent to which candidate represents an outstanding model for our graduates;
- The honor brought to SU should the candidate accept the nomination.
The degree program is operated by the Senate Committee on Honorary Degrees which reviews all nominations and recommends final candidates to the full Senate, which makes the final decision. Honorary degrees are normally awarded annually at Commencement Weekend.