Syracuse University Buildings:


Brewster House

Brewster House
Brewster House, Image 10-1873

Constructed: 1902
Purchased by SU: 1943
Renovated: 1957
Dedicated as Brewster House: May 1, 1957
Cost: $22,204
Materials: wood frame and cement stucco
Location: 119 College Place
Demolished: ca. 1985

Notes:

Built as a private home, it served as Brewster Cottage, a women's residence, from 1945 to 1956. In 1957, it was renovated to house the SU Press and was later used by the Maxwell School until it was demolished to make way for the Center for Science and Technology.