Syracuse University Buildings:


Biological Research Building

BRL
Biological Research Laboratories (BRL)

Construction Began: August 24, 1961
Occupied: March 1, 1963
Dedicated: October 25, 1963
Dedication Speaker: Dr. James H. Jensen, Class of 1931 and President, Oregon State University
Architects: Harry A. & F. Curtis King
Location: Sims Drive, adjacent to Sims Hall
Materials: red brick
Cost: $1,050,923
Funding: $374,301 from National Institutes of Health
Space: 31,000 square feet
Addition: 1966 - four floors added
Cost of Addition: $825,000

Notes:

Originally four stories in height, BRL was the first structure on campus to be devoted entirely to research. When additional stories were added in 1966, a greenhouse measuring 24' x 41' was added on the roof.