Syracuse University Buildings:


Chancellor's House

Chancellor's House

Constructed: 1901-1902
Acquired by Syracuse University: 1915
Architect: Albert L. Brockway
Location: 300 Comstock Avenue (addressed as 701 Walnut Place until 1987)
Materials: brick
Renovations: 1970 and 1991

Notes:

Built by William Nottingham, who, with his wife Eloise Holden Nottingham, was an SU alumnus and board member. The University acquired the Nottingham property for use as the Chancellor's residence in January 1915. A monetary donation from John D. Archbold enabled the University to obtain the property. As part of the transaction the former residence of the Chancellor at 604 University Avenue, was transferred to the Nottinghams.