Syracuse University Buildings:

Crouse Mansion

Crouse Mansion
Crouse Mansion, ARM 10-1709

Building Acquired: 1904
Named for: Former home of John Crouse, Crouse College namesake
Cost: $50,000
Funding: $10,000 donation from John Moore, building owner, and remainder from SU Twentieth Century Endowment Fund
Location: Northeast corner of East Fayette and South State Streets
Building Sold: Ca. 1926


Housed offices, lecture halls and library of Syracuse College of Law; demolished in 1927 to build New York Telephone Company.