Syracuse University Buildings:


Drumlins Country Club

Drumlins Country Club, Photo & Imaging Center

Established: 1926
Opened: July 3, 1927
Purchased by Syracuse University: April 1, 1969
Purchase Price: $2 million
Location: 800 Nottingham Road
Space: 265 acres

Notes:

Drumlins Country Club was established in 1926 after Roderick S. Burlingame Sr. purchased the 260-acre Nottingham Farm. In the spring of 1928 Drumlins opened its clubhouse and grand ballroom. The clubhouse was originally a barn from the farm while the ballroom was merely the hayloft. Over the years, Drumlins built banquet and dining facilities, two ski hills with towropes, multiple tennis courts, and two outdoor skating rinks. One rink was used for hockey while the other was a public skating rink with a 1500 person capacity. In the 1960s Burlingame added a 12-lane bowling center and a pool for a swim club. Over time, however, the ice rinks, ski hills and bowling center were all torn down for economic reasons. Under Syracuse University's ownership Drumlins grew to include two 18-hole golf courses, a swimming pool, driving range, tennis center featuring multiple indoor tennis courts, a restaurant, and a banquet center. The original barn converted in 1928 by Burlingame is still in use.


For more information on SU Athletic facilities: http://www.suathletics.com/facilities/facilities.aspx?tab=facilities2