Syracuse University Buildings:


Film Rental Center

Film Rental Center
Film Rental Center, Image13-0554

Constructed: 1951
Acquired by SU: 1965
Cost:
Renovation Cost: $30,000
Style: Brick-front one-story commercial
Location: 1455 East Colvin Street
Demolished: ca. 1995

Notes:

Built as a dairy store for the former Evans Dairy Farm, the building was acquired along with a two-story frame house and several small wood outbuildings. The original 78-acre farm belonged to the family of Stanley A. Evans, class of 1937. Remodeling of the store included the installation of a fireproof roof and a sprinkler system in order to house the University's film rental library. It was demolished to build SU's soccer stadium.