Syracuse University Buildings:


Greenhouse, Image 07-0270

Foundation Started: June 26, 1918
Building Occupied: September 1918
Cost: $15,000
Funding: Donation by Mrs. Russell Sage
Materials: Brick foundation; steel framework with glass body
Location: Behind Slocum Hall
Space: 35 feet by 120 feet
Demolished: ca. 1967


Built for use by the students of the Joseph Slocum College of Agriculture, the greenhouse was divided into 3 rooms heated by the University's central heating plant. Included were 4 basement rooms for growing mushrooms and potting plants. It was demolished prior to construction of Link Hall.