Syracuse University Buildings:


Hackett Hall

Hackett Hall
Hackett Hall, ARM 10-1794

Building Purchased: 1926
Named for: Minnie Hackett Trowbridge, widow of Francis E. Trowbridge, Class of 1882, bequeathed $100,000 for new law college building named for her father, James K. Hackett
Location: 400 Montgomery Street
Building Sold: September 1964

Notes:

SU renovated the former Ely Apartment building, renaming it Hackett Hall, as it was determined that the Trowbridge bequest was not adequate for new construction. When the College of Law moved to White Hall in 1954, Hackett was leased to the Powelson Business Institute, which purchased it in 1964.