Syracuse University Buildings:


Remington Rand

Remington Rand
Remington Rand, Image 11-0345

Constructed: 1902
Acquired by SU: 1949 and 1950
Funding: Donated by Remington Rand Company
Materials: brick
Location: 114 Gifford Street
Space: 7 stories; spanning South Clinton Street between Dickerson and Gifford Streets
Demolished: 1974

Notes:

In December 1949 the Remington Rand Company donated a portion of the former L.C. Smith Typewriter Company factory to SU; the remaining portion was conveyed in August 1950. The building was used primarily as warehousing for college stores and laboratory supplies, as well as office space. It also housed the Easy Bargain Center store.