Syracuse University Buildings:


Great Camp Sagamore

Great Camp Sagamore
Great Camp Sagamore, Image 08-0198

Acquired by Syracuse University: Donated in 1954 as an educational conference center by Mrs. Margaret Emerson, widow of Alfred Vanderbilt.
Location: Raquette Lake, Adirondacks, New York State
Sold: 1975 - 1500 acres for $550,000 to State of New York to add to the Adirondack Preserve; 7 acres including buildings for $100,000 to the Preservation League of New York State