Syracuse University Buildings:


Thompson Road Engineering Building

Thompson Rd Engineering Building
Thompson Rd Engineering Building, ARM 11-0346

Purchased: 1947
Fully Occupied: March 1948
Cost: $669,368
Location: Thompson Road, Syracuse
Sold: 1952 to Carrier Corporation

Notes:

In response to increased interest in technology, Syracuse University opened this 120-acre engineering campus in 1947 at the former Naval War Plant on Thompson Road. The War Assets Administration divided what had been a General Electric research facility between Syracuse University and Carrier Corporation. SU students nicknamed it "T-Road." The facility attracted 30 new faculty, enlarging the College of Applied Science from prewar enrollment of 400 to a 1947 enrollment of 1,900, 72% of whom were veterans.

Thompson Rd Aerial Map
Thompson Rd Aerial Map, ARM 12-1067