Syracuse University Buildings:


Whitman School of Management Building

Whitman School of Management Building
Whitman School of Management Building, SU Photo & Imaging RS 8636

Ground Broken: April 30, 2003
Dedicated: April 8, 2005
Building Occupied: January 2005
Cost: $39-40 million
Funding: Private donations and $3 million from the State of New York
Named for: Martin J Whitman, Class of 1949
Architects: Bruce S. Fowle, SU alumnus, of FXFOWLE Architects
Location: University Avenue, between Marshall and East Adams Streets
Space: 160,000 square feet

Notes:

The Whitman School of Management Building replaced the old School of Management Building as the home of the Whitman School of Management. It was constructed with 22 classrooms, a 200-seat auditorium, 40 team rooms, 2 computer clusters, 74 faculty officers, an investment research center and a 3-story 4000 square foot grand hall. The building included many environmentally conscious features in its roofing, heating and use of recycled materials.