Gerda Peterich (1906 - 1974) was a lecturer in Art History and Director of the Photographic Archives at Syracuse University from 1964 to 1968. During her career she was a photographer of dances and dancers, and a staff photographer for Dance Magazine. She was an associate in research at the George Eastman House, and was well known as a photographer of architecture, especially cobblestone architecture.
These papers cover the years 1920 to 1972 and consist of 28 boxes and 9 oversize packages totaling 13.5 linear feet. The collection was a gift of Lilly Hoffmann and the George Eastman House. The finding aid was prepared by Amy S. Doherty.
Researchers interested in the Gerda Peterich Papers should mention the collection's Accession Number (632) when contacting the Syracuse University Archives. Please note that this collection is housed off-site and advance notice is required to allow time to have the materials brought to the Bird Library Reading Room.